Welcome to Your Christian World

We are a radio ministry dedicated to sharing the word of God and preserving the rich Biblical heritage of our great nation. May God bless you and may He fill your heart and quicken your spirit to receive His words of life each day.

This blog is still being worked on and will probably be fully functional within a month. Thanks for your patience!

Meanwhile, messages will still appear. This month, of course, we will be discussing the coming of Christ and the Christmas Story. The promise of His coming once was fulfilled. We look forward to the promise of His Second Coming.


Sunday, December 27, 2009

A New Year's Resolution

  Living to Him

    As we move closer to welcoming in the new year, let's remember our focus: 

  "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Rev. 4:11, KJV)

  The Lord of all creation left His heavenly home to dwell with us, mere mortals though we are, to Shepherd us...

   Psalm 23 
  1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (KJV)

  ...And He died for us.

 2 Corinthians 5:11 Therefore, because we realize how greatly the Lord is to be feared, we are endeavouring to win men over, and God recognizes what our motives are, and I hope that you, in your hearts, recognize them too.  12 We are not again commending ourselves to your favour, but are furnishing you with a ground of boasting on our behalf, so that you may have a reply ready for those with whom superficial appearances are everything and sincerity of heart counts for nothing.  13 For if we have been beside ourselves, it has been for God's glory; or if we are now in our right senses, it is in order to be of service to you.  14 For the love of Christ overmasters us, the conclusion at which we have arrived being this--that One having died for all, His death was their death, 15 and that He died for all in order that the living may no longer live to themselves, but to Him who died for them and rose again. (Weymouth New Testament)

  Let us resolve during the coming year to live less to ourselves and more to Christ.




No comments: